Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mona Fartlek (again)

Inspired from the weekend, I wanted to do another Mona Fartlek instead of the usual JK interval session on Tuesday evening, as I think it's a great strength session and will help me for Bridges and the champs over the easter weekend - I also think I cocked it up on Saturday. Did a 4km warmup during which I bumped into Raf coaching his Frontunner group and had a quick chat before continuing. I started the session at the 2k point from Mends St.and continued around the Perth Bridges course ; not ideal as there were lots of people around so had to do a bit of ducking and weaving.  Did it much better this time with the floats being much more consistent and not survival shuffles, and the effort was pretty consistent too. I had my footpod on so I could monitor my pacing this time. Based on this, the efforts were at around 3:22 pace and the recoveries at 4:12. I covered 5.35km in the 20 minutes which a bit less than on the weekend but I felt great, and not trashed after it (avg HR for the 20 minutes 173 vs 178 on Saturday). 3km cooldown back to Mends St for a total of 12.28km in 52:30, averaging 4:17 pace, HR 156. Warm and humid (26° 67%) and no wind.




Biscuitman brought some Strands gear for the Bridges race on Sunday ; I'm looking forward to it -  I'm feeling good at the moment.


Wednesday morning ran a 9.5km recovery from the house, on a relatively cool still morning. The legs felt a little fatigued, but overall I felt pretty strong. 4:46 pace HR136.


Edit: Looks like the field for the Bridges may not be as strong as it could have been considering the following will be racing the state 5000m championship at 710pm the night before :


    1  Carter, Courtn          CND

    2  Dale, Christop          AWA
    3  Patterson, Aar         SSN
    4  Nener, Kenji            SSN
    5  McQuie, Danie         WTC
    6  Berry, Neil               UWA
    7  Stevenson, Pet         CUT
    8  See, Marc                 STI
    9  Gower, Ronald          AWA
  10  Busi, Roberto           SSN

3 comments:

Biscuitman said...

That 5000 on Saturday evening should be a cracking race. Might even try and get out there to watch.

Anonymous said...

dave its david bryant from camp

im not complaining about lack of fast ppl doing bridges, gives us battlers a chance of a place!

see you on the start line

DC64 said...

Hey david - looking forward to seeing how you go ; you're running as well as I've ever seen, if not better, so I expect you to smash it on sunday! I have to say, it gave me a little lift as well....