Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Intervals and recovery

Felt really flat most of yesterday so I wasn't looking forward to the interval session at all - the feeling continued through the warmup, but my spirits lifted when we were told what the session was - 4 x 1000m with 2:30SR. Conditions were a relatively cool 22° but humidity in excess of 80% made this a slightly sweaty session with a distinct lack of oxygen. I got boxed in on my first one, but it's usually the slowest anyway, and I felt pretty good on #2 and #3 and the legs suffered a bit in the last one, but I managed to keep the pace going : 3:20 / 3:18 / 3:17 / 3:17. After about 4 minutes I did my 5 x 80m sprints across the oval and felt pretty comfortable doing these.

Wednesday morning I did an 8k recovery around the Canning Bridges, feeling again fairly stiff and heavy but I got through it relatively easily ; 4:56 pace HR 140. It was fairly pleasant this morning at 20° 65% RH but it didn't feel as nice as I wanted it to.... also, I was doing it solo as Sas is nursing a heel injury so is missing the recoveries for a few weeks to hopefully get it to clear up. There are promising signs that this strategy is working....

No comments: