Thursday, March 4, 2010

What a difference a few degrees makes..

Had a very good run this morning, just an easy around the Perth Bridges, but with the southerly wind I just felt there was more oxygen in the air and for once, the easy run felt easy - 4:42 pace HR 137. It was only a few degrees cooler than yesterday (18&deg ), but it felt a lot different ; maybe it was the huge red curry and entire bag of jelly snakes I ate last night!

This evening there's a 5k at Coker Park ; I'll do 3k at 5k pace (10 minutes) and if I'm feeling good I'll try to go on with it and maybe get close to a 5k PB. I'm also doing the Swan Twilight 5k on Sunday, but if I go hard tonight, I won't on Sunday... probably ;-)

Also looking forward to a slightly different run on Saturday, starting in Mundaring and heading towards Chidlow and return ; obviously a lot easier when you cut out the big climb up to Mundaring, but it is on trails and there are a few bumps along the way.

No comments: