Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Recovery

From WAToday: Bryan Ramsbottom
Wow, that storm last night was a doozy ; I hope no-one got caught in it, otherwise a fair amount of Panadol may be in order. Hail the size of golf balls ripped through our laser light sheeting over our outside areas, fortunately there was no other damage apart from some flash flooding in the garage - I'm sure there are a lot of dimpled cars around today. Panel beaters, arborists, etc. will think it's Christmas. Everyone else, not so much. I took some photos, mainly of the sunset afterwards. Mother nature is scary beautiful sometimes.

The storm made this morning's recovery run a little bit cross country as I had to skirt fallen trees and branches. It was warm, windy and a little muggy too and I could see another t-storm moving south along the hills. I felt great though, and was very happy plodding along my 6km at 4:53 pace (HR 136), probably a bit quicker than I wanted to be. I was aiming for 5 min pace. I used to run every Tuesday before intervals in the afternoon and I dropped that since Boston last year, but I think I will introduce it again, but real recovery pace this time.

Interval session this afternoon, probably another Mona session around my home Canning Bridges loop.

2 comments:

trailblazer777 said...

nice pics sure was a mini cyclone! the hail was massive in some parts of perth apparently...64,000 without power today, maybe 15,000 until the end of the week.
substations in Canning Valem Gosnells, North Perth and Claremont all got hit by lightning. that Tuesday am recovery sounds like a good option. I feel inspired to try and do more sessions too, which isnt hard for me as I do so few. some crosscountry as well cool!

Clown said...

Cool photos.