Monday, March 15, 2010

Steamer

OK, I'm never happy ; at least it's cooler now but the 99% humidity needs to go now. Did a fartlekky sort of run today down to the rivermouth into town, up the hill to Ocean Beach Rd, then down to the trail back to the rivermouth and home (map) for 9.5km (avg 3:57 pace HR 161).

Absolutely sopping by the time I was finished, but had a pretty good hitout, the massive chunk of skin missing  off the back of my heel notwithstanding. Felt great flying along the trail on the one section that wasn't uphill...

Congrats to Epi (wow, a great run for someone just 'muddling along' after that injury; Boston's looking good!), Clown (hope you can get that adductor sorted, they're a real bugger) and Biscuitman for their runs on the new improved Darlington HM course, which I hear hasn't gone down too well (because it's harder I guess). The fact is that road closures and helpers for this race are getting harder to come by, and that's why it was done.

No comments: