Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Intervals

Ran my intervals session around midday ; weather was fairly cool and sunny with a fresh southerly adding some bite to the conditions. Did a lengthly warmup along the Bibulmun trail from the house down to the rivermouth, avoiding the tigers in the undergrowth. I've seen a few down here, but mainly their rear halves disappearing into the bush. Picked up a running buddy as I went past a couple walking their dogs ; a husky decided he wanted a bit of a trot so led the way down to the rivermouth. Problem was the owners went the other way ! The dog looked a little lost so I ran back to where I saw them until he picked up the trail and found his people. Upshot was, I ended up doing a 25 minute warmup for my session!

I did 8 x 420m with 75 seconds recovery, most in a smidge under 76 seconds. By the last one I was starting to feel a bit nauseous so I decided against doing the 10 I had orginally planned. I felt like I was running well when doing the session though, and it was good to feel oxygen going into the lungs for a change.

The cooldown back up the trail was tiring, and it was good to get home, but mostly it was good to get this session done early so I'll have something for tomorrow's inlet easy run which I fully plan to love!

All up I did about 11km today.

No comments: