Friday, March 5, 2010

Windy 5k

Ran the 5k at the track last night ; conditions were OK (23° 40%RH) but quite windy (SSW32/41) with there being quite a strong headwind up the home straight requiring a substantial effort to maintain pace. Plan A was to do the 3k at 3:20 pace and try to push on from there if I felt good. I quickly realised that the effort to sustain that would be unsustainable so I settled for the 'B' result which was a sub 17 run. Splits were 3:23 / 3:21 / 3:24 / 3:28 / 3:21 totaling 16:57 which represents a solid effort, which as a solo run with that wind I'm pretty happy with.

Went to Cottesloe this morning with the intention of swimming or a short recovery run. It was so damn cold that swimming was out, and I didn't feel like running, so I settled for a couple of coffees and some french toast....

1 comment:

CharisK said...

Is that a pot-belly I see there ... :) Ocean was lovely