Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Gaga about the Lady

Monday did an easy run in nice cool conditions, 18° - 4:38 pace HR 142 ; an easterly at our backs along Mount’s Bay Rd helped ease the fatigue from last night’s race. For some reason Perth council have seen the need to water the footpaths making them pretty slippery for our lycra clad friends, one of whom went a over t right in front of us as a result. The climb through the park was interesting on the legs but I felt pretty good on this one as the HR will attest.


Tuesday did a tough Intervals session on a warm evening (28°) at Alderbury Park. One of the few nights that we haven’t had a sea breeze and it was dry as. 28 degrees as well made for a warm one. The session tonight was 2 min on, 1 minute jog x 2, 1 min on, 1 min jog x 2, 30 sec on, 30 sec jog x 2. Four minute break and then repeat the set. I was covering about 3.1km per 11:30 set and felt like I was running well. Once the session was done I had another 4 minute break and then did 4 80m cross field sprints as usual, and then did a lap of cone pickup, and then a cooldown jog. Long session, good session, it’s going well.


Wednesday did a solo run from NextG down Malcolm along Mounts Bay with a stiff easterly at my back ; which (strangely) I really didn’t enjoy. It was only 22° but felt warm. These backup runs after intervals sometimes feel a bit odd at first because of fatigue I guess. When I hit the park and ran up the western perimeter path I felt a lot better (the temperature dropped a bit) and picked up the pace almost enough to call it a progression run. I felt like I was flying when I got to the top – a great feeling ; I have to admit that I wore my MP3 player and there’s a high I get when I’m moving along briskly with the right song in my head (ahem… Lada Gaga).

No comments: